SBA Community Advantage Program
Community Advantage (CA) is a pilot loan program introduced by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to meet the credit, management, and technical assistance needs of small businesses in underserved markets.
Community Advantage is an excellent loan choice for new and existing businesses that need between $50,000 and $250,000 in business capital. The loan can be used to start or expand your business. The SBA guarantees a portion of each loan. This makes it possible to extend financing that may not be available through other financial sources.
This loan program allows businesses to build success in underserved markets, such as businesses who:
- Have limited financial resources;
- Are located in an underserved community;
- Need management and technical assistance;
- Are start-ups and in business less than three years;
- Interested in opportunities for growth.
Applicants must show their ability to repay the full loan amount and meet guidelines to be eligible for a Community Advantage loan.
Repayment Terms, Interest Rates and Fees
Maximum Loan Amount: $250,000
Maximum Interest Rate: Prime + 2.75 to 6%, variable
- 25 years for Real Estate
- 7-10 years for working capital, inventory, business acquisitions, tenant improvements, and start-up expenses
Percent of Guaranty:
- 85% Guaranty for loans less than $150,00
- 75% Guaranty for loans $150,000 or more
Maturity: Generally, depends on borrower repayment ability. Maximum 10 years for working capital; and up to 25 years/or life of the asset for fixed asset purchase or refinance.
Loans may not be used for revolving lines of credit, otherwise funds may be used for any normal business purpose, except those specifically prohibited by Small Business Administration (SBA).